Sunday, October 12, 2008

River Trip

Dale and I just got home from a wonderful four day road trip to enjoy the fall season, each other and our photography. Although I have mostly adjusted to the the digital world, I still love the feel of my old camera in my hand and the nostalgia of film so I decided to pull out my 35 mm and a few rolls of film. My digital point and shoot was my backup but since I forgot my digital battery charger, it was good to have Dale's point and shoot backup too. The trip is well recorded and I will post more photos this week.
Most importantly we enjoyed our time. We loved the beauty of the Mississippi River, Northeast Iowa, Wyalusing and Gays Mills, Wisconsin. We do remember that it is important to take the time to feel the experience not just the photography. We saw beautiful rivers, farms, fields, barns, bald eagles and cows as well as hills and bluffs covered with a palette of amazing color. Many miles were covered over the course of four days. Some of the sights were planned and others were wonderful surprises. I am grateful for the opportunity!
Galina Illinois was on the route too but it didn't take long to realized that thousands of people had the same idea. The small river town and it's parking were packed so we headed quickly back toward Iowa. There were many less crowded towns and country roads to enjoy.
It was a gorgeous weekend. The autumn colors were at their peak as we headed northeast. We hiked a national park and state parks in Iowa and Wisconsin. I have a couple of sore muscles, some dirty laundry, fresh apples and lots of wonderful memories. This was a great fall road trip! Apple orchards, vineyards, sunsets, fall foliage, rivers, barns and fields will be showing up on this blog very soon.

No comments: