Monday, October 27, 2008

Go Drake Bulldogs!

I have grown to be a fan of the Drake Bulldogs especially Spike, the mascot. In the three years since I moved to Des Moines I have enjoyed the offerings of Drake University. I have not taken a single class there. I took my classes at Wartburg College, UNI and NIACC. It took me twenty-eight years to finish my bachelors degree, so I have not been in a big hurry to do any post-grad classes. The offerings that I enjoy are not so educational. Basketball and football are my favorites. The photo above was taken on Saturday with Spike at the football game. Dale and I have gone to lots of men's and women's basketball games over the last couple of seasons and enjoy both. We have also attended the "most beautiful bulldog contest" each spring as well as several theater productions that are very well done by the students. The campus is beautiful and has been a great place for photography also. I appreciate being so close to a great university and respect the education they offer. It's also fun to enjoy the sports and theater as a fan and spectator.

1 comment: