Thursday, October 30, 2008

one handed blogging

Ouch! I broke my arm. Technically I have a radial head fracture which means that the break is right below my elbow. I got to see the x-ray but I already knew that this was a very foreign sensation (nice word for pain.) Dang, it hurt! I was walking across the parking lot and tripped on an uneven spot in the cement. I guess that this is why mom said that I should "pick up my feet."

There are many reasons to be grateful.
1. It's my left arm!
2. It happened at work so I had great nurses immediately available.
3. This break does not require a cast.
4. It's my left arm!!!

I have been to two doctors in the last 24 hours. One was occupational medicine required by workman's comp. They agree on the diagnosis and treatment. Although I cannot use my left arm, my pain is well controlled. If I had to break a bone, I suppose this was a good break. I do feel so fortunate that it was not worse. I guess I need to be more careful (at my age.)

1 comment:

Jill said...

Oh my goodness Linda!! I'm glad you're ok and it is....your left arm. Jay was over the other night and didn't mention it to me, he told Dan. The putts! Had me cut off some pants into "Tom Seleck" short shorts....nice! :)