Thursday, October 2, 2008

It's a Classic

This old blue bike was a gift on my 26th birthday. Back in 1985 there was a baby seat mounted on the back of my brand new bike. Ashley rode for miles around Mason City on the baby seat with a little bonnet over her baby fine hair to protect her from the sun.

Although some have laughed, I like the protection of my fenders. They kept me dry many times on the sometimes flooded bike trails during my years in Cedar Falls. I especially love the extra wide and well padded seat that I got from Jay and Ashley for Mother's Day one year in the 90s.

The bag on the front holds a couple of dollars, some change, the reflector from the back, Ashley's little hair brush, a tampon from the 90s, a screw driver and a map of the Des Moines area bike trails. There is a lot of history in that bag and lots of history on the bike too. I rode trails in Colorado, Wisconsin and Minnesota on this bike. The bike always crossed the state lines safely packed on a vehicle. I do not do ride far enough in one day to leave the state! I have had a couple of other bikes but always come back loyally to the old blue bike, my classic.

1 comment:

Linda Hansen said...

Nice. I hope you are using it everyday like the athlete that you are.