Saturday, November 1, 2008

Celebrating Kelly!

Today I got to celebrate the 50th birthday of my dear friend, Kelly Jo! I celebrate our friendship too. Kelly and I have been friends since junior high. Our friendship has been a blessing to me and I was thrilled to be invited to her party today. It was wonderful to see her sons, grandsons, husband, sisters and many family members. Thirty-eight years ago we enjoyed rollerskating, boys and the jukebox in her basement. Over the decades we have shared life as we experienced marriage, motherhood, divorce and grown emotionally and spiritually as we gained the wisdom of women who learn as we age. We have discussed life and shared joy and tears. We agree that this is a wonderful age! Happy birthday, Kelly Jo. I thank God for our friendship!

No comments: