Monday, November 17, 2008

Bargain Gasoline

Who would have thought that we would ever get excited about gas prices and consider $1.72 a bargain? I can still remember when the gas pumps did not have enough digits to read more than $.99 a gallon. I guess that was a very long time ago. This spring we saw gas for $4 a gallon. Today we are paying less than half that price. We are fortunate in this part of the country and especially lucky here in Des Moines. As much as I travel around the state, it seems that Des Moines has the best gas prices. We have seen a constant decline over the last couple of months with the exception of a brief increase about two weeks ago. We are back to prices being lowered a couple of times a week. With all the issues in our economy, it is very nice to feel like something is a bargain. At the gas pumps I am often pleasantly surprised at the total price. That's a wonderful improvement over the shock that I felt when it would cost more than $50 to fill my little Honda.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh, how I miss gas prices in Iowa! It was just yesterday that our gas got down to $1.99/gal. It's cheaper in Salt Lake, but up here, it JUST got below $2! Cheaper gas is one of the many things I miss about Iowa!!!

Ashley Schrage said...

I'm glad those prices will be nice and low in time for you to visit me for THANKSGIVING! I'm getting excited! Thinking I should buy some groceries this weekend!