Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Why Not Vegetables?

Gorgeous vegetables, aren't they? The colors are bright and intense. They are crispy, fresh and healthy. But I would rather have a brownie. I would prefer fudge. I would choose a Dove chocolate. Why did I not get healthy taste buds? Why have I not been able to establish long term healthy cravings for gorgeous colorful vegetables? The reds, greens, yellows and oranges are beautiful. But I must prefer brown. Brown is the color of dirt, dog poop on my shoes, mud and sewage. It's also the color of brownies, fudge and chocolate! I know my body and health should be yelling for these gorgeous vegetables but more often I hear my taste buds screaming for the fatty sugars of chocolate. I am not ready to give up my sweet cravings but I am thinking about it. I like vegetables but they are not my preference. Today at work a grateful family member brought the staff an amazing homemade fudge with walnuts and dried cranberries. I had a piece or three. I don't think I had a vegetable today. Tomorrow is a new day!

2 comments:

Ashley Schrage said...

i also have not had a vegetable today, and probably won't. my diet consisted of 4 pieces of bread before noon :) then a taco, now i'm craving some chips and salsa. who knows WHERE i got these genes!

Ashley Schrage said...

i didn't really like the last header, i liked the picture, just not what i did with it, but i do like this one. i figure when i get tired of the other pictures, or get better ones, i can use the same template and replace the pics :) plus, i really like the big one of me and trav!