Sunday, November 23, 2008

Drake Men's Basketball


Sunday afternoon Dale and I headed over to the Knapp Center for a basketball game. This is our third season following the team but our first game this year. We enjoy so many Drake activities but I especially love to watch basketball. Last year the Drake men's basketball team were true champions. They won lots of games and titles while having an amazingly high GPA. I was consistently impressed with their sportsmanship and personalities. Some of them graduated but others have returned this year to play with some great new recruits. It was a very good game today. Drake won. Since last year was so successful, the games are often televised. Although I will watch them on TV, I much prefer to put on my Drake sweatshirt, drive over to the Drake campus and cheer as I watch the games. It's funny, but I actually do feel like I get to know the team and the players. My first season it was so fun to watch Dr. Tom Davis coach. The next year was amazing with his son Keno Davis as head coach. There is a new coach again this year so that will add more excitement too.

1 comment:

Dale said...

Good times at the Knapp Center! Nice photo too!