Saturday, November 22, 2008

November Snow

We had several hours of a beautiful snowfall this afternoon. It's so pretty in November. It's new and exciting. I took a very short walk to find a few good shots. The flakes were so big and wet. I guess the first snows will always remind me of a childlike excitement. I felt it when I sat at my desk at McKinley Elementary in Mason City just waiting for 3:15 so we could run out into the snow. I also felt it when my kids were little and we would rush out to see if there would be enough to build a snowman or a snow baby if there was not enough for a full sized creation. I still have the box of hats, mittens and scarves for building snow people.



This cardinal and his mate were flying around in the bush that was heavy with snow. I had to zoom in to get close enough so the photo is not as clear. That's the trade off with my little point and shoot digital camera. He was beautiful to watch so I thought it was worth including him on my blog.

No comments: