Thursday, November 6, 2008

Early Sunrise

The time changed this week. The sun rises earlier but I do not. I wake up earlier than I should but I love my sheets and I love my bed so I linger, pray and allow myself to go back to sleep and enjoy the luxury of a slower morning. I have not set my alarm clock all week, but no doubt my body will adjust and I will start sleeping later and needing my alarm clock again. This photo is about two years old. It's a sunrise over Blue Heron Lake at Raccoon River Park near my home. I guess I must have had more energy then. I have not been tempted to crawl out of my sheets to photograph the sunrise recently. I could blame my broken arm, the discomfort and the need to work on my occupational therapy exercises but that would be an excuse. I actually printed a copy of this photo and put it in my bedroom. Now I can see a sunrise every morning and still stay in my cozy comfy bed just a little bit longer! I guess I am not much of an early morning person even after the time change.

No comments: