Wednesday, December 24, 2008

December 23, Every Single Year!

Dan and Jill are the first to be grandparents. Izzie is adorable and the first of the next generation!


In my family of origin December 23 means Family Christmas! It's a true holiday tradition. Since my siblings and I were very young, the family celebration has been on December 23. We traveled to relatives on the 24th and 25th. When we all got married, we continued the tradition to avoid schedule conflicts with in-laws and other families. Now that our children are getting married we still gather on December 23 each year.
I do not have a photo of everyone, but all made it this year, except Gary who was at work in Nebraska. I seem to spend less time behind the camera than I did in the past. It is fun to just enjoy the moments and I sometimes forget to grab the camera!
We play a gift exchange with a $5 limit on each gift. It's a challenge to find the best gifts and to steal them from each other before the timer buzzes.


This gathering is a highlight for many of us. It's constant, talking, eating, laughing even some complaining and it's FUN! Merry Christmas, Nonnweilers!

No comments: