Sunday, October 3, 2010

Wisconsin Photos

I take so many photos on vacation that it's hard to sort through all of them and decide what to post. I am probably posting too many this time but the sorting has been so time consuming. The top photo is a sunrise at Port Washington, Wisconsin. It was a wonderful little town busy with fisherman at sunrise, a wonderful cafe for breakfast, a glorious sunrise and a farmer's market. It was a great stop on our trip.

I love lighthouses and enjoy photographing them. I took many photos of lighthouses but love the crispness of the white against the blue sky. I must have missed the signage as I approached this one and may have been trespassing at the time, but I really did miss the sign.


We were lucky enough to be in Door County for two sunsets. The one above is in Sister Bay before a Swedish dinner at Al Johnson's. The next evening we were in Fish Creek for a fish boil and found that many people show up for the sunsets there. The light over Green Bay was wonderful both evenings. I love to catch sunrises and sunsets when I vacation near the water. It's one of my favorite things to photograph.


No comments: