Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mobius Cowl Knitting

I have been knitting lots lately and finished both of these projects while Ashley and Travis were visiting. I asked Ashley to help me photograph them and it turned into a mini photo shoot. It's crazy how much fun we have with that. We have done it since she was a little girl, most often with me behind the camera but now she spends much of her professional life behind a camera so it's fun for me to see her in action.
When I saw my first mobius scarf in a yarn shop I was very interested in learning to make one. Jill and I picked out this yarn and she helped me find some patterns. After several attempts I made this one by stitching a rectangle, making the mobius twist then sewing the ends together. When it gets cold, I want to double it around my neck so I decided to make another one a little longer and bulkier.


I love the red color and the bulky yarn in this one but I may have made it a bit too long. When it's really cold I can use it to cover my head and my neck. I knitted this one on circular needles making the mobius twist in the first row. I combined elements from a couple different patterns but it worked out well. It's so much fun to make these that I plan to shop for more bulky yarn and make one a little shorter than the red one.

1 comment:

Ashley Schrage said...

I love that I have bunches of photos of you now!