Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Mason City Go Go Go

Last weekend I drove to Mason City to watch Jake play football. I love seeing Jake play sports and always love hanging out with Dan and Jill but part of the draw was to attend the game and Mohawk Field and get to sing the school song. Jake played very well. Although the Mohawks lost, the bigger disappointment was that nobody sang the school song! They played the taped music but the cheerleaders didn't even sing! I sang...all by myself. I bet my brother loved that!
The weather was perfect and Jake did well but the best surprise was that Gene, Dan and Jill's brother-in-law was there too! He was in town from Texas and came to the game and dinner with us. It was like being back in the eighties when we all hung out together lots. We missed Jodi but it was so nice to spend the evening with Gene.

No comments: