Friday, October 8, 2010

Thirty Year Old Recipe

It's pumpkin bread season and I have gotten a couple of requests from the kids. I got off work early today with enough time for a bike ride, coloring my hair and making pumpkin bread. The bike ride went well but when I went to grab my recipe it was not where it belongs. I almost panicked. I looked through other recipe spots and even a couple of cupboards. I checked my computer to see if I had typed the recipe or emailed it to anyone. No luck! I finally went back to the old recipe box and looked again. It was filed under cookies instead of breads! Silly mistake that cost me plenty of time. As I looked at the recipe that I printed myself when I was a teenager and realized it had been around for a long time and I should probably have a back up. Then I noticed the recipe box and mixing bowl were both from 1979. It's like I am baking in the seventies! I bet my mixing bowl could show up in an antique shop. I like my old stuff. It works just fine. The pumpkin bread smells good in the oven. We may be having pumpkin bread french toast for breakfast in the morning.