Saturday, October 16, 2010

Iowa Corn Maze

Aw, aren't Jay and Briana sweet strolling through the corn maze? Truthfully this shot was taken after they had been throwing corn at each other. It was pretty fun.
The sky was pretty. The weather was perfect and it seemed like a nice day to walk through a corn maze. I didn't care about finding the right stations or following the map. I was just enjoying an afternoon in the corn.
I expect that this sign is usually photographed with younger kids but since Jay and Briana are both well over six feet tall, I thought that they would look pretty cute at the sign too!

Dale did get a map and along with Jay and Briana was successful in getting all the possible check point punches. They each got a prize when they turned in their sheets; a dum dum sucker!

I did not wear the appropriate footwear for a corn maze. Flip flops were not a good idea but we started out at the farmers market and were headed to a football game when we got side tracked to the corn maze. Jay wore flip flops too so we were both in the need of a foot scrubbing. I enjoyed every moment. Soon we will not be able to wear flip flops and our feet will be plenty clean all winter long!

2 comments:

Ashley Schrage said...

Trav wants to know if Jay is actually taller than 6'6"?

LindaAlex said...

No, Jay is not taller than 6'6". I think that the measurement at the corn maze is a bit off. I am guessing most people do not use that level of the sign!