Friday, October 15, 2010

Prison Theater

Thursday evening I had a rare opportunity. A friend invited me to attend a production of "The Last Virgin in Jubilee County" at the Women's Prison in Mitchellville. My friend volunteers as the director and so much more as she works with the prisoners. I was very impressed with the production. The play was funny and touching. The program is impressive in so many ways including the amazing affect it has on the women who participate. I felt privileged to attend. I was also a bit uncertain since I have never been in a prison. I got my clear instructions; no blue jeans and bring just your car keys and driver's license. . . leave everything else in the car! I just wanted to be sure to follow all the rules and I must have done well enough because they did let me leave.

No comments: