Saturday, May 9, 2009

Lilac Connection

I have been without a "lilac connection" for three years. In the past I always had a spot that I knew I could find a lilac bouquet for my table. In Rockfalls the neighbors would share. In Mason City I could get them at the old Asbury farmstead. In Cedar Falls, Linda and I found a great lilac display where we often walked. Since I have moved to Des Moines I have been without my connection. I still do not have a bouquet for my home but Dale did take me to Ewing Park on Des Moines' south side where they have an amazing collection of lilac bushes of every color.

Dale took this photo of me with the traditional color of lilac. See, he knows how to use his aperture and focus also. I do prefer the shades of purple and lilac but I was impressed with the pinks as well so I took the top photo. It was fun to wander around this entire park filled with lilacs. The smell was amazing. I guess Washington DC has it's cherry blossoms, Savannah GA has it's azaleas and Ewing Park has lilacs!

No comments: