Saturday, May 23, 2009

Dollar Night at the Ballpark

Every summer Dale and I enjoy going to Principal Park to watch the Iowa-Cubs play baseball. They are a AAA team for the Chicago Cubs. I really love the atmosphere and enjoy the sounds and sights. I also love a bargain. My nephew, Drew will not be surprised to know that I get excited about dollar night at the ballpark. Hey, if we are going anyway, why not go on dollar night! Thursday was dollar night. I also make it a point to mark my calendar for the food pantry days when admission is just a couple of canned food items. Drew also knows that we walk a few blocks rather than paying for parking. It just makes good sense!

As much as I enjoy the ballpark, I enjoy the people watching just as much. This dad and baby boy had a great evening at the ballpark. He was so happy during the entire game. We played some peek-a-boo and I got lots of smiles from him. I started to get cold at the seventh inning stretch. It was a work night and the I-Cubs were behind so we headed home.

No comments: