Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Cars, Eggrolls and a Wedding

Saturday started out cold and windy but we decided to move forward with our outdoor plans. Travis was off with friends so Ashley and I lounged around in the morning then Dale came to get us. We stopped by the car show where one of my friends and her husband were showing a car. It was a quick stop but Ashley used my camera to shoot some photos of the cars and one of me.




Next on the agenda was the Asian festival which has become an annual event for Dale and me. Ashley loves Asian food so she was willing. We got small amounts of food from Vietnam, Cambodia and several other places. Mo Mo, egg rolls, won tons and beef on a stick all offered different flavors and a fun way to graze our way across Asia without leaving the state capitol grounds. These little girls had just finished performing on stage and seemed quite pleased with the experience.

We drove out to see if the lilacs were still blooming and we stumbled on one of the most unique weddings I have ever seen. The costumes were from another century and there were men in tights. I wanted to catch a few photos to show Travis, so Ashley and Dale patiently waited for me. It was a gorgeous day so after I got a couple of shots, I joined them on the grass. The sun was perfect and the park was very quiet even with the wedding in the distance. It was incredibly restful and felt a bit like vacation; the way that Ashley and I vacation! I won't post a photo of the wedding. It just wouldn't seem very nice.

No comments: