Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I Have Been Blessed

Twenty-five years ago this morning, I gave birth to my baby girl. She had great apgar scores and has continued to excel over the years. Happy Birthday, Ashley Anne!

Friends and new acquaintances who have just boys will often say to me, "You are so lucky to have a daughter!" More and more each year, I agree with them. Yes, boys are wonderful and we do love our sons but to have the opportunity to experiencing both is great. Ashley has continued to grow as a woman. In the past year I have seen her establish her own photography business and develop her knowledge and skills with her camera and lighting. I have also seen her share her deep faith with teenagers as she leads a small group on a weekly basis. She is in her second year as a wife to Travis and creates a wonderful home. Mowgli, their puppy is new this year and it's been a treat to watch her love and teach him. Twenty-five years has brought lots of change, learning to walk, talk, read and relate to people. An incredibly shy little girl has become a confident woman who relates well to people in her architectural world, photography, family, church and friends. She continues to grown and learn and I continue to grow more proud. We have fun together and I love having a daughter. I have been blessed! Happy Birthday, Ash!

1 comment:

Ashley Schrage said...

Thanks mom!
I hope I am blessed with a daughter some day. I would love to be on the other end of a mother daughter relationship!