Thursday, October 18, 2012

October Harvest

 What a wonderful October afternoon harvesting carrots and onions with Lincoln! When I planted the rows of veggies this spring I imagined that Lincoln would be old enough to eat the carrots and sit outside with me for the harvest. I could not have imagined that it would be more meaningful for me and fun for both of us.


 It brings me great boy to teach this boy and introduce him to the wonderful things in life...dirt, plants, and even nightcrawlers. I don't think it was a good experience for the worm but Lincoln was enthusiastic with the entire process. He loved pulling the long stems on the green onions but digging in the dirt was probably his favorite part of the experience. He also enjoyed the sink bath and baked apple snack that followed!

No comments: