Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fast Weekend

 Happy second birthday to my great nephew, Brecken! Dale, Ashley, Lincoln and I made the trip to Cedar Rapids to help Brecken celebrate and it was so much fun. I always love seeing family and it was so nice to see Brecken so thrilled with his "garbage birthday party." He is fascinated by all things garbage so he was happy and intent on sorting and resorting all the clean empty containers into the recycling bins that were hauled down by his grandparents. He was very fun to watch and it was a great celebration. His mommy, Kaley, my niece puts on a great party!
 Sunday morning Ashley called to see if we wanted to come over for their pumpkin carving and Dale and I were both game.  Lincoln was adorable but less interested than I expected. He did fling some pumpkin guts to the wall and explored the insides. Ashley did lots of carving and Travis found interesting designs. I think that their front porch will look great for Halloween.

Sunday afternoon Dale and I went to the Oster Regent Theatre on Main Street, Cedar Falls. I have seen a few live productions there but it has been years. My favorite experience there was when we first moved to Cedar Falls back in the early nineties. It was still a movie theater then and we went to see the newly released film, Sister Act. I guess they show movies from time to time so for nostalgic reasons I wanted to go. It was a small crowd but a great venue.

1 comment:

Ashley Schrage said...

i like your pumpkin carving photos!