Tuesday, October 2, 2012

North Shore

I posted lots of these photos on facebook but I still want to have record of them in my blog. It really is a log for what I have done and photographed. I look back often to remember when we went somewhere or what we did in a certain city. It's a great tool for my aging memory.
Two years ago Dale and I visited the North Shore and we knew that we would return. The falls colors are amazing and it's a great area to explore. We hit peak weekend this year and had a hard time finding a room but it turned out great! We stayed at a ski resort on Lutsen Mountains and enjoyed a gondola ride over the tree tops the next morning.



Our northern most point is Grand Marais (above) and it's a great little town with the "World's Best Donuts," wonderful pizza, fun little stores and a beautiful shoreline. I always feel that we have arrived when we hit Duluth (below.) We always enjoy a walk around canal park, watching the boats and the aerial bridge and taking the same photos that I take each time! We always eat at Grandma's too. It's so good that there is no reason to search for something different since we don't go often and we don't stay long.

1 comment:

Kymm said...

Beautiful pics. I'm so glad you could go--I know how much you love fall!