Monday, October 22, 2012

Decisions

I have been known to deliberate far too long over some very simple decisions; most recently the placement of a newly purchased tree! I have moved this flag many times to determine what might be the best location for the tree that I choose a couple of weeks ago and paid for on Friday. Before the flag I was using a wooden pole to help me visualize where the new tree would look best. I looked as I drove up the street, as I backed out of the driveway and as I backed up on the street to get one more look. I looked from the guest room window, from the sewing room window and from the living room window; sitting on the couch, on the love seat and standing! Yes, this may be one of those times that I have deliberated far too much about something quite simple but I have good reason. This tree will not be moved. It will grow in this spot for years. I am so thrilled to get the tree that I want that I want to be very sure about getting the maximum pleasure from the tree...from every angle! I should just leave the flag where it is. I should just let go but I will most likely take another look and possibly move the flag before I go to work tomorrow. The tree will be planted one day this week. I am not sure which day but sooner might be better so that I can just quit the decision stress and enjoy the tree and it's placement! Seriously, I am moving it like 3-4 feet at a time...not going to make that much difference. I have been told that I think too much, this could be evidence for that claim.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Linda you made a great choice with your tree purchase. You do tend to fret over decisions. I like where you placed the tree. Just paint the shutters white and enjoy your yard. j