Saturday, January 21, 2012

Winter Cozy

After struggling with that wallpaper project and snow removal I decided to treat myself to some winter luxuries. I got out my scraps and started cutting 2 1/2 inch squares for a very scrappy patchwork quilt. I did a little math and realized that I will need about a thousand little squares. I guess I am enjoying the process because I have more than 700 of them cut already.

Homemade soup, family time and watching the birds and squirrels in the snow from the cozy warmth of my home have been a luxury too. I love being home during the day and enjoying the light for my quilting or squirrels chasing each other around the neighbor's tree. I think that I have mentioned that I am loving this chapter of life!

1 comment:

Kymm said...

Glad you're enjoying your nesting! What kind of soup is that? It looks delicious.