Sunday, January 15, 2012

Family Pinwheel

It took me nine years to make this quilt. . .NINE YEARS. I am not bragging and I want to be sure to say that it sat untouched for at least seven years. It was quilted and almost ready for the binding when I moved in 2006 but it wasn't until this summer when Jill agreed to help (push) me toward completion that I finally did the final steps.

The fabrics are meaningful to me. There are pieces from Grandma Stone, Sandi, Jill, Kim and Kelly. Pieces from Ashley's baby dress, Jay's junior high sewing project and some nieces and nephew's quilts also appear. Most of the binding is Grandma's fabric and pieces from my old sewing projects. I only purchased the white fabric and batting. Yes, that's partly because I am frugal but mostly because I wanted a quilt filled with memories and meaning.