Tuesday, January 17, 2012

So Far. . .

So far this has been my least favorite home project. Fortunately it's just a wallpaper border on both sides of the stairwell going to the basement. The first layer went off easily but I found another older border under that. It is not coming off easily. I spent the majority of my day working on it and I will finish before the weekend. This was also a trial to see if I wanted to tackle peeling off all of the wallpaper covering the basement walls. The paper is blue plaid with borders and very dated but I have no desire to struggle with a huge project like this. I have heard that painting wallpaper may be a sin, but I am seriously considering that option. Hey, it's a basement!

1 comment:

Kymm said...

Paint it! Wallpaper is a huge pain to deal with. I suppose you could rent a steamer, but painting it would be so much faster, and you'll be forgiven for the sin of painting over it.