Saturday, January 7, 2012

Small Improvements

I love the idea of doing home improvements. It brings me pleasure to make simple changes that make the house feel more like my own or more attractive. Going to Menard's is fun until you have to go back again an hour later because you are very bad at spray painting. Doesn't is seem like spray painting would be easy? It's not easy for me. Although I got much better with practice I was pretty heavy handed with the first can. I wanted to update the entry of the house. That's my project. I couldn't find a mailbox until I finally looked on-line. I did find a light fixture that I liked and decided to buy spray paint to update the house numbers to match the light and mailbox. It seemed like a good idea but I made quite a mess. This project which I thought may take an afternoon is taking much longer. The light is up. The mailbox is being shipped and the numbers are drying in the garage. I will post an "after" photo unless it looks worse than it did when I started. The "before" photo is below.



This project actually went smoothly. Just six new updated knobs and one Phillips screw driver. Fortunately I was smart enough to use the existing bolts because the new ones that came with the knobs were not long enough. Absolutely no frustration at all with this project. I guess that's why I found it worthy of mentioning.