Monday, January 16, 2012

Paisley and Patchwork

I have discovered that I enjoy the scrappy patchwork quilting much more than the precision of those gorgeous quilts that other women make. Smaller quilts like my tree skirt are also more fun than the twin size pinwheel that I made. This summer I wanted to make a small quilt that might work for my grandson in the car or out on the lawn. Ashley and I shopped for some paisley to bring together some of the other fabrics. I was determined to include some of Grandma Stone's gingham and Ashley's baby dress fabric.

I put it all together except one final step while living in West Des Moines. Last week when I needed a break from unpacking and home projects I sat on the couch with my needle and thread hand stitching the binding and enjoying every moment. Now I am thinking lots about starting another quilting project. . . a scrappy quilt, patchwork, granny squares. . . something that looks like a grandma made it out of the scraps she has in the house, because that is exactly what it will be. I just need to be sure that I have lots of other things done before diving into a project that may be a huge distraction.

No comments: