Sunday, August 2, 2009

Nascar in Iowa

It was a weekend of sporting events and the weather was perfect. Friday night Dale and I went back to watch the Menace play soccer again. It was an enjoyable evening but the Menace lost and their season ended.
Saturday was the big day. Nascar Nationwide Series came to Iowa for the first time and it was close to home. Since Dale is a fan and it was a huge event, I was looking forward to the day. There were over 57,000 fans at Iowa Speedway on Saturday, the largest crowd ever. Again the weather was perfect for being outside. I was very pleased to find that the cars that run Nationwide are not nearly as loud as the Cup Series cars. We wore our headsets for much of the race but could still hear each other and the people around us. This helps when I have questions. Actually the people behind us had some questions that I was surprised to be able to answer. There was lots of passing for first place but in the end Brad Keselowski crossed the finish line before Kyle Busch. (I know most of my friends don't care who won but just in case my brother sees this he may want to know.) The event went very well. The only exception would be the exit plan in the parking lot after the race ended. It was very slow moving.

No comments: