Friday, August 28, 2009

Zoo Time

Sunday afternoon when Dale and I left the baseball game we headed to the zoo. We both like the zoo and enjoy photographing the animals. It was a gorgeous day to be outside but maybe a bit bright with mid-day sun for the best photographs.

We ventured to the children's petting area. We don't usually spend much time there but it was fun to watch the animals relate to each other, especially this goat and kid. The shade in the area was good for the photos also.

The giraffes are always my favorite at the Blank Park Zoo and it was especially fun to watch this mother and son interacting. The sun and shadows were problematic with my attempt at a great photo, but I did enjoy watching them as the ate, nudged and used each other to scratch an itch. Spending time at the zoo made me think about visiting other zoos in the future. It would be fun to go back to Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha. It's been at least fifteen years since I was there. I think it would make a great Saturday road trip.

No comments: