Sunday, August 16, 2009

Knitting Fingerless Gloves

I have done very little knitting in the last three years. Before that I knitted lots of rectangles; mostly prayer shawls and scarves. When I moved to Des Moines I took a knitting class at a very fun shop called the Village Knit-Wit. I learned some stitches and even made a hat, which was NOT a rectangle! I had set my knitting needles aside until Jill visited in July. She brought along a couple of her projects and also wanted to visit some yarn shops. I got excited about trying something new. Since Ashley is doing so much photography I wanted to try to make her some fingerless gloves to keep her hands warmer while photographing in the fall and winter. Jill helped me find the right yarn and she found a very simple pattern for me. It was fun to be knitting again and try something new. Ashley is a good sport about being the recipient of my experiments, but I don't think she wants too many pairs. I have a couple of more patterns from Jill that are a bit more complicated. I want to try those too so I may have to start wearing fingerless gloves myself. I think I will make one more pair then maybe move on to learn how to make mittens. I may need to visit Jill for private lessons!

No comments: