Saturday, August 15, 2009

Water Exercise

I have been spending more time IN the water lately! I have been at the pool lots this summer and enjoyed many hours of reading novels and sipping raspberry tea. Getting in the water is always a pleasure but this time of year the water is much warmer than in June and the air is much hotter. The heat sends me into the water often. Last week I made a commitment to exercise in the water more often rather than just the quick dip to cool off. The pool will close in a couple of weeks so I want to take advantage of it now and hopefully transition to walking more in September. In the past I have been much more consistent about exercise, but not this year. Maybe this is a start! I have exercised every day in the past week. It's especially fun when a friend joins me and we can talk while we splash around. I exercise for a longer period of time when I get to talk. The time goes so quickly. The only tough part is that when I climb up the steps out of the pool I feel so heavy! The weightlessness of floating or treading water feels wonderful! I will enjoy the pool while I can and look forward to the next season also.

No comments: