Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Lesson in Saturation

Ashley came for the weekend. I do love it when she visits. We mostly hung out at home and that was very nice. We hemmed some pants, cooked some food, watched a movie, talked lots and enjoyed the time to relax. We did make it to Felix and Oscars for Ashley's favorite Des Moines pizza and went to my favorite store for athletic shoes. The weekend went very quickly. We didn't have time to work on our Christmas tree skirts but we do have the plan for our next step.

I was looking forward to the opportunity to photograph with Ashley and Dale since we all have the same camera now. We planned the photo session for Saturday afternoon when we thought it was not going to rain. We were wrong about the rain but enjoyed the cameras. These photos were taken from the car through an open window as a part of my lesson on saturation. Ashley has been very pleased with "upping the saturation." I was surprised to find that this can be done on the camera before clicking the shutter, rather than editing on the computer afterward. The bottom photo has a higher saturation which brightens or enriches the colors. There is a difference, but I bet that it might look weird that I posted two nearly identical and unremarkable photos. It's all I got from the shoot! No pictures of Ashley and a few blurry ones of Dale coming up the hill in the rain. It is fun to learn more about the options on this camera. Too bad it was raining so hard! I am sure that we will try it again.

1 comment:

Ashley Schrage said...

i love seeing the "before and after" !