Sunday, April 5, 2009

Family Time

Saturday was a great day filled with lots of family! The reason for our trip north was to celebrate Izzie's first birthday. Izzie is my first great-niece and she is adorable. I didn't take photos of the party because Ashley was getting great shots. You can see Izzie on Ashley's blog.
To take advantage of being in the same town as the kids, Dale and I headed up early to connect with Travis for some geocaching. Ashley was done with the photo shoot so she joined us too. Then we met Jay and Briana for a fun lunch and took them out to introduce them to geocaching. It was windy, drizzly and gray so it wasn't the best experience for them.

The top photo is Travis, Dale and Jay out on an inlet between small bodies of water after following the GPS to a cache. Briana was nice enough to play photographer for me with the bottom shot. It's always a treat to have Jay and Ashley together. This reminds me of the tradition of the birthday photo. Every year we would get a picture of the three of us together outside on my birthday. Sometimes there were daffodils, often rain and sometimes a snow flurry. It's April in Iowa! It was a Saturday filled with family and I loved it. Happy birthday to Izzie Girl!

1 comment:

Ashley Schrage said...

I'm glad we all got to hang out on saturday!!!!! next time we geocache i bet it will be nicer out!