Thursday, April 30, 2009

High Mileage

I have been driving my Honda CRV for years and it continues to serve me well. I purchased this vehicle on January 27, 2001. No, I do not normally remember the dates of any purchase, but I do remember that it was on my sister, Cindy's fortieth birthday when I got my little SUV. I never know whether to call it a car or a truck, but I do know that I can depend on my trusty Honda. I knew that my brother would give me grief for not buying American, and he did give me grief but eight years later I am still driving it.

This week I hit a milestone. . . one hundred and ninety thousand miles!! I have added 160,000 miles of my own to the vehicle that had just thirty thousand when I got it. I have never driven a car this far or for this long, but it seems like a good plan. The guy who changes the oil says that he is jealous and would love to own my CRV. The mechanic says there is no reason that it won't run many more miles. I say that I might as well keep driving it as long as it will cooperate. I bought new tires this winter, confident that I will get many more miles. I still like my vehicle and feel confident that it's been a great value. When it's time to buy a new car, I won't be able to complain about this one wearing out. I have hauled my bicycle, plants, firewood, some furniture and many boxes. I even moved Ashley back and forth to college a few times. It has served me well.

No comments: