Sunday, April 12, 2009

Camera Weekend

I have a lot to learn about taking great photos with my new camera. Fortunately every day offers opportunity to capture an image in a new way. For now I can default to the program mode and learn bits and pieces as I go along. Dale has been a good teacher since he has the same camera.

Saturday we went geocaching and located one geocache that was quite high in a tree. Dale was feeling brave and the tree seemed strong so he scaled the tree while I stayed safely below shooting photos, holding the GPS and cell phone (just in case.) It was a gorgeous day to be out in the parks, hiking around and soaking up the sunshine.

Jay and Briana came to celebrate my birthday and visit this weekend. Since I spent decades taking photos of Jay's every accomplishment and activity, he is accustom to my photography and was willing to lay still while I practiced with lighting, aperture and other things. I enjoyed spending time just hanging around the house with them, but we also took them to the Fleur, our favorite movie theater.

My friend, Tammy and I had talked about taking a trip to the dog park at Raccoon River and Sunday seemed like a good day for it. Sadie, her Brittany is young and we were not sure how she would react. We all had a great time. It was fun to photograph Sadie especially when she was getting to know Sparky, the Irish Setter. They moved fast and it was a challenge for me to catch them with the camera.


No comments: