Friday, November 2, 2012

Tree Day

My tree is here! It was so exciting when Jordan's called to ask if they could bring the tree on Wednesday. The timing wasn't great for me. I was in Cedar Falls with Briana and it was Halloween but we made it work. Briana was a good sport and took the drive to my house with me just so we could see the tree arrive. It was exciting for me after taking so much time and energy to find the right tree. I went to several nurseries, two or three times each before I found what I wanted. This has taken me months.
I like the tree but it's the trunk that I love; the clump style multi-trunk look. I think it's why I love river birch but decided that I wanted something that wouldn't get quite so huge, so this gnarly looking trunk with so much character was the one for me. It's an Amur Maple and I love the fall color. . . another huge priority!
It's good to have a tree in the front yard after it being so bare for months. Now I just have to do something about the green shutters!

1 comment:

Kymm said...

I'm glad you got your tree AND decided (at last) where to plant it!