Monday, November 5, 2012

Patchwork Quilt 2012

My patchwork quilt is complete and I enjoyed almost every moment of making it. Last January I started cutting 900 little squares and now it's a quilt . . . a family quilt. It took me less than a year. Maybe its my 2012 patchwork! I love all the memories in the fabrics; memories of my children, grandma, nieces, nephews, friends and more. I did purchase the backing and the batting but the quilt top is quite an assortment with many thanks to Jill, Sandi, Kelly, Grandma Stone and a few more.

 Picnic anyone?  I hope this quilt sees picnics, parades, wagon rides and story books. As much as I enjoy the finished project I do realize that I have many romanticized ideas of a patchwork quilt.
I have a few ideas for the next quilt already. I wonder if they will all look very much alike. Eventually I will run out of my scraps but I have a decent pile left in my sewing room. Something about this mish-mash of color and patterns just feels so cozy and homey to me!

3 comments:

Kymm said...

It's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful!! I have been wanting to make a patchwork quilt for some time now! What did you make the dimensions of your fabric squares?

Thanks,
Larissa m.

Anonymous said...

I cut each square two and a half inches so the completed quilt is two inch squares.