Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Ideas and Projects

 I recently finished my patchwork quilt and found myself with the itch to start a new project. I had ideas in my head that were a collection of half memories of something I saw on a quilters blog or with a friend. I started cutting strips of fabric with the idea of creating uniform squares out of randomly cut strips...some horizontal and some vertical brought together to create a scrappy quilt. I am not sure if my memory is serving me well and I know that the extra math involved is at bit much for me but I am not going to give up on this idea yet. I wake up at night thinking of the seam allowances and if 3+3 will really come out to 5 and a half inches like I planned. (The answer is yes, it does.) The sewing machine is threaded and the ironing board is out but this project may quickly take a back burner to holiday baking, planning and organizing. It's almost Thanksgiving!

No comments: