Sunday, June 17, 2012

Philadelphia

 We had one day in Philadelphia and lots to explore. I had never been to the city and wanted to see the sights before heading to the Phillies game that evening. We chose to take the double decker bus tour and it worked out great. . . until about 3/4 of the way through the tour when the heavy rain started! It was a fun tour and the rain just made it more memorable especially since the lower level of the bus leaked horribly.
 I saw and photographed Independence Hall, Betsy Ross' house, Rocky Balboa and other statues but I won't post all of those photos. I have found that this blog serves as my vacation documentation. I look at this more often than going through all of my photo files so I like to post snapshots that represent the trip. Feel free to skip past all of these posts if you get bored with other people's vacation photos.

 Reading Terminal Market was recommended by a colleague and he was right; it was my favorite find in Philadelphia. The old railroad terminal is filled with wonderful things for all of my senses. There are fish markets, produce, delis, ice cream, Amish goods and more. If I spent a week in the city I would probably go to Reading Terminal most days!



It rained on and off all day long. It was clearing off when we headed to Citizens Bank Park for the baseball game. By the time the game started there was a light rain falling. It wasn't enough to delay the game but it was enough to make us damp and less than comfortable. It was still fun to explore the ballpark and see the Phillies play. I am always interested to see what happens when the home team gets a  home run and we got to see this liberty bell swing and ring.

No comments: