Saturday, June 23, 2012

June Garden

 After being gone so much in June it was time to get reacquainted with my gardens. My "Mollie Garden" out front has lots of new blooms including these gorgeous daisies. I am serving lots of salads at my house and harvesting spinach and lettuce most days. The spinach is almost gone so I planted more seeds in a big pot on the deck to see if it would work. My lettuce pot is overflowing as well as the lettuce bed. The cauliflower and broccoli have been harvested and I look forward to the new broccoli that is growing. I probably will not plant cauliflower or cabbage again. They take lots of space and just produce one head for the season.
 I came home to some nice garden surprises including the fact that everything survived my absence, thanks to Ashley's watering. Another surprise was petunias, growing in the cracks of my brick sidewalk. They were volunteer seeds from the former owners petunia bed in 2011. Fortunately there has been a brief break in the heat and humidity and I was able to spend most of the morning working and enjoying my gardens yesterday. Thanks to Jay's mowing and the lack of rain I have not had to mow since before vacation. That's a very nice surprise too!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

I absolutely love the white daisies with the blue sky in background...great picture Linda!