Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Annapolis

I truly enjoyed our visit to the Maryland State Capital in Annapolis. Often we just walk around the building, take a few photos and enjoy the opportunity to stretch our legs and move around. This setting was so beautiful that I enjoyed strolling around the neighborhood and just soaking up the sights and history. This State House is the oldest in the nation still in legislative use. George Washington and Thomas Jefferson conducted business here. When Dale went into the building I sat outside on the steps to enjoy the atmosphere and gorgeous day because I was not carrying the required photo ID with me, but it was very nice.  
As much as the State House was interesting it was really the neighborhood that captivated me. Spokes of narrow streets with quaint stores, coffee shops and small homes went out in all directions. We went into several shops and enjoyed the walk. I do have some buyers remorse about what I did not buy. I should have purchased a piece of pottery at the Annapolis Pottery shop pictured below. They had gorgeous pottery and the setting was so perfect. I took this photo from the grounds of the state house.

No comments: