Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Chesapeake Bay

 I was very excited to explore the Chesapeake Bay! It was my first visit and certainly a place that holds lots of charm and history. I was not disappointed. The photo above is from a park overlooking the Chesapeake Bridge.
 We found several small communities on the shoreline that had the charm I had hoped to see. The lighthouses were all part of the tourism and museums but it was still fun to see them. Although I had not considered the miles and time it would take to drive down each peninsula and back inland before finding the next one it was worth it.


 Rock Hall had this quiet little beach with just a few people, mostly little ones with mommy and grandma. It looked like a wonderful place to unpack your bags and spend a week. St. Michaels had a cute main street with antique shops, souvenirs and ice cream. I won't always remember the names of these little towns but I will remember the feeling of Chesapeake Bay.

No comments: