Tuesday, December 28, 2010

White Christmas

We got our White Christmas and it's been just gorgeous all week! This photo is from the heavy frost caused by some fog and lots of ice crystals. Sadly I had to work all day and didn't have time to go out and play with my camera. This is a shot from the parking lot at work. Christmas Eve day was a beautiful gentle snowfall in Mason City. I was safely in town before the snow started and spent the night with my dear friend, Ann. It was just so cozy and beautiful to sit with her in the living room, drink a couple of pots of coffee and watch about ten inches of snow fall. I didn't even bother to get up to grab my camera on that day either. Spending time with family is always the Christmas plan for me. Getting time with dear friends was an extra blessing. I have been friends with Ann since 1966. Yes, we were both children! I also got to spend time with Kelly, another very dear friend who goes way back. I think we met in 1971. Today I feel blessed by the beauty of winter nature and the warmth, love and joy from life-long friendships! These gifts fill me with gratitude!

No comments: