Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas in North Iowa

This year I was determined to make it up to Mason City and Clear Lake for family Christmases regardless of the awful forecast. Dale and I left before the snow hit and had a safe drive. I did not want to miss the Nonnweiler family Christmas like I did last year. It's a house full of family, food and noise and it's always on the twenty-third. This year we had two new babies. Weston and his Uncle Jake are pictured above.
Izzie is Weston's big sister, both belong to my nephew, Jeff and his wife, Tiff. It is wonderful to see the little ones and really wonderful to watch the "kids" with their babies. Our newest babe is little Brecken who belongs to my niece, Kaley and her husband Scott. They were all very good at sharing so I got some nice snuggle time with my "great niece and nephews." There were many smiling faces at the party but the little ones were just so precious!




On Christmas Eve we celebrated with the Wreghitts before heading back home. I just love hanging out with my cousins, aunts and uncle. It's fun to gather in Aunt Snooks' basement just like we did when we were little. It brings back memories!
Our family has not spread out very far geographically but Randy does travel from NYC and its always a treat to spend time with him. He is the furthest away but never misses a Christmas or Fourth of July. I feel blessed to enjoy my family so much and the holidays are a great time to gather. I am grateful that everyone had safe travel even with some record snow falls on Christmas Eve.

No comments: