Monday, January 18, 2010

Winter Wonderland Weekend

Winter can be gorgeous which is a wonderful reminder that I do love the seasons. Last weekend I headed to Waterloo to spend the weekend with Ashley and Travis. I was a bit concerned about the weather because the warmer temperatures have led to foggy mornings. The temperatures and humidity created an amazing winter wonderland. The fog did not cause driving problems so I was able to enjoy a beautiful Saturday morning drive. I just pulled off the road a minute to get a quick shot of this farm house.

It was so nice to hang out with Ashley and Travis . . . very relaxing! Ashley and I did a little shopping and a little cooking. They left the Christmas decorations up so I got to see the tree, nativity and nutcrackers. Of course it was fun to hang out with Mowgli, play and cuddle with him during a movie. I love going to church with Ashley and Travis too. It's good to be with them and I usually get to see some former St. John friends too. The weekend went too quickly. It was time to go home and get ready for another five day work week. After all the shortened holiday weeks, it's time to work hard and save up my PTO for time off. I always love my time with the kids and look forward to the next visit. Ashley and Travis are great hosts and I always feel comfortable at their house. It was a wonderful winter weekend.

No comments: