Thursday, January 21, 2010

Iowa Icing


Wednesday we got freezing rain. It was a skating rink outside. My boss had encouraged me to take home some paper work when we met on Tuesday so that I could work from home when the ice hit on Wednesday. It felt like a luxury to wear my robe and sit on the couch with my laptop all day long while catching up on some of my computer work.

I felt a bit wimpy staying home but after breaking my arm last year I think I have become more cautious. Although I didn't leave the house on Wednesday there was plenty of ice left to see on Thursday. The streets were just wet so driving was safe and the ice coating looked decorative. I grabbed my little point and shoot camera out of my purse and took these shots at work. Saturday is predicted to be forty degrees so the ice will be gone soon.

No comments: