Sunday, January 3, 2010

Mohawk Hockey Weekend

My nephew, Jake and the Mason City Mohawk Hockey Team traveled to Des Moines this weekend to play four games. Dale and I love watching Jake and the boys play and Dale does a good job of catching the action with his camera. Dan and Jill stayed at my home and that was a huge treat! I just love having them. It was a wonderful weekend.
The first photo is of Jake's goal. . . it was a beautiful goal. Jake had great control of the puck and flew down the ice on his skates. After my time on ice skates last week I have a whole new appreciation for the skill that Jake has developed. It's especially fun for me to go to these games and be surrounded by familiar Mason City faces, family, old neighbors and classmates. Its nice to catch up with people. I am looking forward to the next Mohawk Hockey game very soon.

No comments: